Wednesday, December 17, 2008

10 Great Years

I can hardly believe it, Jared turns 10 Friday. He was a wonderful gift to Angie and I ten years ago. I remember the day like yesterday. Angie was teaching at Gregory Middle School in Naperville at the time. She got home from work that Friday evening, end of the semester, exhausted and glad to be done for Christmas break. I unloaded the tons of Christmas and baby gifts from her car and she proceeded to unwrap them for the next hour. Upon completion, she laid down on the couch completely wiped out. Well, God had a different plan for the rest of our Christmas break. Angie's water broke and we were soon off to the hospital. I remember Angie saying, "No not yet." You see, she had not yet even packed her bags for the hospital stay.

Thus it begun, our adventure as parents. It has been the most wonderful, rewarding, and at times stressful journey. I wouldn't change it for the world.

Jared is a wonderful son. He has a tender, kind, and loving heart. He's a hard worker and loves school, sports, and his brother and sister. Most importantly, he has a tender heart for God and His people. I am so proud to say I am his father.

It is only by the grace of God that Jared is turning out to be the little man he is. I pray that God would lead us over the 10 years to come. I pray that Jared will grow up to be a great man of God who loves God, loves people, and loves life.